Tuesday, December 2, 2014

It's the Hap... Happiest Season of All


One of these days I'd like to write a mystery novel set during the Christmas holidays. Combining murder with the holidays seems incongruous, though many writers have successfully done it. The holiday season can be a stressful time and finding motivation for murder would be easy enough to develop.

Holidays are often an emotional time, perhaps because of strong memories associated with people who are no longer a part of our lives, or loved ones no longer with us.

My dad was born on Christmas, so the day carries those special memories. Last year, my mother-in-law passed away on Christmas. It was a day that felt like no other holiday I could ever remember.

I have written a short-story, with a tinge of mystery, that I hope captures the essence of why we celebrate the birth of Christ. You can click this link to read the story - A VISIT FROM SAINT DOMINICK. I hope you enjoy.

In the comments below share your Christmas/holiday memory, or perhaps you've read a novel/short story set during the holidays that you'd like to recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment