Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Embalmed - Latest in the Brad Frame series

My latest Brad Frame mystery has been out for about two weeks.

As a self published author, once I complete the writing process I share the manuscript with a line editor so that it is in the best possible shape on grammar and punctuation. I also share a "proof" with trusted beta-readers. They are the first people to discover the story from beginning to end (my critique group sees it in small pieces - one or two chapters at a time).

Those beta readers share their thoughts with me about the book. If they are confused about a particular scene, then I revisit that passage to eliminate the confusion. It is a process that has served me (and hopefully my readers) well.

For those of you who have read any of the Brad Frame mysteries, you are familiar with Nick Argostino. He is the Philadelphia police detective who is a friend and mentor to Brad Frame. In EMBALMED, Nick is in trouble and Brad and Sharon step up to help. Each story affords me the opportunity to expand upon Brad Frame's world and share new information and discoveries about those with whom he associates.

There is a bit of a Halloween vibe in the story, so it was great to get it published in October - although it can be enjoyed at any time.

I dedicated this book to my best friend, Kevin Filippelli. We met back when I lived in Harrisburg, PA and he was in nearby York, PA. He has since moved to New Jersey and later to Las Vegas. Thanks to e-mail and phone we are able to stay in touch. But this past weekend he was able to visit and we had a long weekend of catching up and enjoying trips to the various Disney World parks (including a couple he hadn't previously visited). His visit enabled me to hand him an autographed copy of the book.

Here's a link to the opening chapter of EMBALMED.


No comments:

Post a Comment