Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Free Previews

Any writer likes to develop the widest possible readership. A few weeks ago I wrote about my effort to develop "audio" versions of my mysteries.

A few months back I added my first book, UNFORGIVING SHADOWS, to the Amazon program that allows members to download the book for free on an electronic reader. Under that program, Amazon pays authors by the page when people read the "free" book.

I'm currently working to put the opening chapters of my mysteries online. I plan to start with FINAL JUROR, and you can see the special "Free Preview" cover of FINAL JUROR. Readers would be able to download and read the first eight chapters of the book. It should be enough material to allow readers to decide if they like the writing style and are engaged by the story to make a purchase of the full book.

That is my hope.

I've tried to price my books at an affordable price ($2.99). But finding the time to read is often an even bigger barrier.

Hopefully, you'll take a chance and read the preview, buy the book. Dare I hope that you'll recommend it to your friends? :-)

Of course I hope you will because LIFE IS A MYSTERY.

No comments:

Post a Comment